View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM
goosepoint

This thing is roughly 115 x 125 or more. I fits a queen and I can even fold the top over to cover the pillows. My quilter does such beautiful work. I do believe she could take a burlap sack and make it beautiful. The 9 patch's were rescued from 'trash' that was about to be thrown away when someone was cleaning out a vacant home. My office manager (aka - daughter) went to do the inspection and found these little jewels poking their little heads out of the trash bag. When she pulled out one she immediately saw over 100. I do believe they were the ugliest fabrics I have ever seen but having been raised to use everything I hand washed, dried and pressed each one. Then as I was trying to figure out what to do with them- nothing matched anything, I said what the heck. Add some colorful borders and this is what I got. It is really bright. Now what kind of backing would go with this? While at the local Walmart, the clerk laid a whole bolt (20 yards) on the clearance table and priced it at $1 per yard. It was so bright and fun I had to have it. So that is my story of my little ugly duckling. What started out as not so pretty has grown into a "happy" quilt. Either side that I look at makes me smile.

115 x 125 or more
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235168[/ATTACH]

No 2 blocks exactly alike
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235169[/ATTACH]

Meandering quilting by the best LAQ.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235170[/ATTACH]

Backside
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235172[/ATTACH]

$1 per yard from Walmart - super nice quality
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235173[/ATTACH]

Free Union Quilting by Evelyn Boyd in Meadows of Dan , VA.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235174[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-235162.jpe   attachment-235163.jpe   attachment-235164.jpe   attachment-235166.jpe   attachment-235167.jpe  

attachment-235168.jpe