View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 05:02 AM
JoAnnGC

My DH owns a low voltage systems company and has installed many security systems all over the Atlanta area and surrounding counties. A complete system should have all ground-level doors and windows wired and monitored, there should be motion detectors, glass breaks and smoke alarms as well. Make sure you read the fine print on your contract. What looks like a good deal (such as $99)may only be a starting price and may not protect all entry points. Sales pitches can be very confusing and misleading. The big companies use professional salespeople to get you to sign up. The central monitoring station that actually calls in to the fire and police authorities should be local or at the very least in the USA (if this is where you live) and should have a proven track record of successful notifications and communication. Most home insurance companies offer a discount if you have a system which is monitored and a reputable company will give you an insurance certificate to submit. The most important thing to remember is to use your system. Make sure you arm it whenever you want to secure your home whether you are inside or away. Also get into the habit of disarming it properly. Many communities now charge for false alarms. If you are in the Atlanta, GA area and want more information or a system installed please PM me. DH gives me a great commission and I can buy more fabric :)