Old 08-02-2011, 05:26 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by olebat
Hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but this baby is gonna take a bunch of time, work and TLC to get it fully functional again. Time, which at this point I do not have to spare. I haven't started research in this particular model. The wiring needs replacing for sure, so haven't tried to get 'er working. The wheel is difficult to turn. Cabinet repair is pretty much just a glue/clamp situation, I hope. Will need refinish work too, as the varnish is badly blistered. Machine will probably respond to a good cleaning and oiling. It's been sitting for years, it'll just have to sit a couple more months.
Olebat, geeze the first photo of the complete machine doesn't look bad at all. But, the photo of the closeup with the knobs for reverse, stitch length look terrible? Are you sure that is from the same machine? In the complete photo those knobs appear to be whole? Anyway, good luck with the White - those machines are such tanks that not much can hurt them, although, I don't believe I have seen one with the knobs in the shape yours are in?

Nancy