View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:12 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Some of you use your normal names, but I'm wondering if there is a story behind your ID?

My real name is Christine, but my mother often used the European version ... as in ...

Mom walks into living room and notices a huge splotch of orange paint all over the new blue floral sofa slipcovers she just made.
"Krystyna, Krystyna. What is this? Well, that IS a lovely painting of a pumpkin you've made."

Mom walks into my bedroom and sees me hard at work on one of her old skirts, snipping away with scissors in hand.
"Krystyna, Krystyna! My goodness! Isn't that a fancy hula skirt you've made."

Mom passes by the hall closet and notices a sign I enthusiastically made to remind me of the schedule for my soon-to-start violin lessons. It is affixed with to the lovely oak door with glue meant to repair shoes and has a fancy leather frame made from my father's old belts.
"Krystyna, Krystyna! Oh! Oh ... Well, now no one will forget your lessons for a long time. Oh. Oh, my."

So, in keeping with my quilting qualities ... I decided to use the ID Krystyna. Mom passed away many years ago, but with each quilt I finish, I can hear her say ...

"Krystyna, Krystyna. Oh my. What have you made here ..."