Thread: Sewing Desk
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 AM
mtngrl

I am so excited about my sewing desk I had to share with someone who will understand...I have a wonderful desk I bought second hand, it was a hotel piece in its other life..I painted it and enjoyed it as it was for sewing and storage. Now that I am getting serious about putting my tops onto their backings so they are actually useful, I needed a flat surface. My DH cut a hole in the top, very nicely done too with edging around it, supported the little drawer that I am going to miss a bit, and I have finally got a flat surface to sew on. He also added about a foot to the back of the desk to give a bit more space and I'll just pull it over to the cutting table to add more surface for large quilts. I got a roll of heavy plastic to make everything move nicely, but I will have to make a bit of a ramp with a blanket or something as my cutting table is a bit higher. The cutting table was put together last year from two bookcases and a sheet of smooth board. It is a great height for cutting, hopefully this will work as an extension table, I don't have enough space to add anything else to this room.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-235289.jpe