View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:31 AM
cat378

I have been reading all your helpful hints for some time. And because of your great comradeship I have decided to plunge into quilting. My first project-still in the making-combines my love of cross stitching. My oldest daughter (29 yo) picked a 18" cross stitch flower block with 2" strips that she wanted backed by dots. Intresting combo I do say, but I found a small dot fabric that has not only the block colors but also her home colors. So I won't be so overwhelmed this first go round I think I will find a LAQ to do her (his) magic. I'll post a picture when I have the quilt top together. I still have 2 blocks to cross stitch.
I have started thinking on my 2nd quilt. This will be for my precious 5 yo granddaughter who is very much a princess girly girly. With this one, I want to learn how to paper piece a log cabin design show casing her intrests of princesses, Toy Story, and Cars. I think it will end up with 9 blocks
Here is where I need everyones help. How do I make a foundation paper piece for what I want to create? So far I haven't found anything on you-tube that doesn't use photo shop. (I went glassy eyed trying to understand that one)
Only 4 princesses will be the same size center . 1 princess, two Toy Story are larger. While the two Cars are the smallest.
Is there anyone in driving distance to Joplin,Mo:Pittsburg Ks that is willing to help bring this vision to reality?
Thank you all for all your wisdom in sharing.