Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 AM
mpeters1200

I went to the search function and tried to look up threads on embroidery machines. It googled it and I got everything from high tech embroidery machines to upgrading machine software....I am so confused.

I need to purchase an embroidery machine. Before I do that, I have to do my homework so I can save up the right amount of money. Walmart has a Brother with Disney stuff on it. My first sewing machine was a Walmart-Brother machine. I wanted to get accessories for it like a walking foot and a 1/4" inch foot. I had to call Brother. They said that their Walmart machines are "beginner" machines and if I want to do any intermediate work, they'd be more than happy to sell me a Brother to suit my needs. Now I have a Janome. I'm worried about getting the brother machine from walmart due to it's cost and whether or not I could embroider anything but what has come with it.

I need just a basic machine. I don't need 1000s of designs or anything. I need something very simple, plain and easy to use. I'll probably use it to embroider quilting labels and the occational applique that needs embroidery. If I knew how to embroider, I'd just do it by hand...but I don't.

So...what are good types of super simple machines. What price range should I look for? What is a fantastic price or what is too high? Are there different kinds or are they all pretty much the same. I've only seen one. It was my MIL's and I only saw it briefly the one time.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to buy anything unless I know about it first. I figured if anybody knew it would be you guys.

Melissa