View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 07:56 AM
mcb1180

For my dads birthday last year I decided I was going to make him a quilt. Knowing how slow I can be I started in Jan thinking I'd be finished by the time Jul rolled around. Fast-forward to mid May and I only have 10 of the 30 stars that the pattern required and his birthday is less than two months away. I know, I know I should have known I wouldn't finish in time. *shakes head* I had to scramble to figure something out if I wanted to finish the quilt in time. In the end after I redesigned the QT and gave up on trying to machine quilt it, as I stink at it. I was able to I get it basted and boxed it up and gave it to him in time for his birthday.

He absolutely loved it. Of course I then had to listen to him complain for the next 8 months while I hand quilted it. He's so silly with it too. He won't let anyone touch it. He curls up with it at night and is always wrapping himself it just so, to make sure my mom can't touch in her sleep. He carries it around with him from his bedroom, to the family room, to his little man cave in the basement and back again so he can curl up and watch TV.

Anyway I was going through some of my project photos and realized I'd never posted any photos. Here's the QT before I basted it. For some reason I don't have any photos of the finished product, but I'll take some tonight and post them later.

What do you think? I got the star block from http://www.quilterscache.com it's a 12" block called the Army Star. Originally I was going to use all stars and alternate the colors, but I have to say I like the last minute redesign even more.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-235317.jpe   attachment-235318.jpe   attachment-235319.jpe