Thread: Engagement
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Barbm

DD is getting married in 2 weeks- cost- about $6K. Other DD got married 3 years ago- cost- $14K. Difference- this one wants it low key- no frills. Has allergies so silk flowers.

She really shopped around for prices on everything. Ceremony and reception are at the same place- no limos. Her gown was bought on sale, it's all the things that go with the gown that add up- tiara, veil, slip, bra, shoes. Photographer does everything digital. He is a part timer, young and ready to make a name for himself. His website shows he has talent. But she didn't want a zillion pics. DJ- from another wedding she went to- he's not as expensive as some, but he provides what they listen to.

I splurged and got her a nice earring and necklace set- cost as much as her gown, etc. But it will be a forever gift from me to her.

Trying to think of the ways she saved- oh- she made the centerpieces, invitations, the flowers for the reception are silks too. We have a book I bought for 1st daughter's wedding- how to have a wedding for $5K. We took many ideas from this.

Enjoy planning!