Old 08-02-2011, 09:25 AM
ploverwi2

I love the fusible machine applique. A tiny zig zag stich is hardly noticable at all. Practice it on something, and you will see. I like it better than the straight stitch, but that works well also. Also, I use the fusible applique, and after I iron the pieces onto fabric and cut them out, before I iron them down on the background, I use a fabric glue stick and arrange all the pieces the way they should be, by applying a tiny bit of glue stick to each piece and pressing it into place. This way they are all where they should be, and then I can iron them down, and I am ready to machine applique and don't have to worry about any pieces coming lose. Try it, you will see what I mean, but just a wee bit of glue stick applied. The glue stick is also very good to use to just anchor the pieces, when you are hand appliqueing the fusible applique pieces. Sometimes, when you iron the pieces to the fabric and start to work, they come lose and fall off. The tiny bit of glue stick prevents them from falling off.