View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 AM
sarahrachel

Originally Posted by Lucio
Originally Posted by sarahrachel
I just bought a jelly roll at walmart today, it's a little beat up (clearence section a little fraying on the ends) with no tag so I got it for $3 instead of the normal $10. There are 24 strips, 3 of each and when I picked it up I immediately thought baby quilt, but I don't want to just sew each strip together. Any ideas? I've never made and/or bought one of these before and there were no others like it that I could have bought 2 or another one to make the quilt bigger
I would not use the tan fabric ( the third from the left as pictured) as it doesn't seem to play well with others. Could you look through your stash and possibly cut some of your own strips to add?
It's acctually a green strip that's really pretty. And I pulled out of my small stash some gingham and baby prints to add. And looking through my quilting magazines I found an old one that uses 2 1/2 inch strips but only 4 colors. So I'll make 2 quilts, a boy and girl quilt. one with pinks and yellow and the other with blues and the green. I will post pictures! But it was acctually a pic from googling that reminded me of that pattern. Thank you all!