Old 08-02-2011, 11:33 AM
UglyCook

Originally Posted by jadet
Hi all - I live in Seattle, WA and have never attended a quilt retreat before. I am very interested. Could you tell me what takes place. Is there a lot of quilting? Does anyone give lessons on anything? Is it possible to stay in a hotel and attend during the day. I have never slept in a room with anyone but my husband before so I think I would feel more comfortable in a hotel. What do you bring? Any and all information would be so appreciated.
Hi jadet! I work in Tacoma...

At the last retreat we talked a LOT. We admired each other's work and some of us did some piecing, LOL. We had QuiltingNonie give a short lesson on paper piecing for those who were interested. It was pretty much do whatever you wanted. Lots and lots of fun.

I did not know anyone before I went but came home with 15 new friends. As for the sleeping, we did not do that until we were really tired so I don't think anyone cared who was in the next bunk. After the first night we did some shuffling around so that those who could sleep by the snorers were able to trade with those who could not.

Julie