Old 08-02-2011, 12:40 PM
AFQSinc

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
I'm not a fan of Martha Stewart and wonder why Hallmark has chosen to have her in their daily weekday line up as opposed to the Food Network or HG. Same with Mad Hungry. Wonder what's up with Hallmark these days. I prefer those feel good shows like 7th Heaven, Touched by an Angel, Waltons, Little House on the Prairie types on Hallmark.
This is just my opinion - pure speculation based on nothing factual. I believe that Martha wanted something like OWN (Oprah's network) but either because of timing, financials, regulations she was unable to get it together so she became partners with a channel that was perceived to be weak. I am sure that Hallmark has lost some viewship because of this. I mean Mad Hungry is not that great of a show. The recipes are not bad but I don't need to see performed. The same thing with Everyday Food. It is a great magazine but as a show not so much. Due to the economics in the country things have changed. People can not spend $150 on ingredients for a meal so there is less and less interest in her brand of lifestyle shows.

Hallmark should return to their original programming or at least leave Martha's show on for 1 hour and drop the rest of it. I think if she wanted to make some additional money (as if she needs any) she should release her old show on DVD. The entire show. She could do two seasons at a time and give Hallmark a cut. They would get a cash infusion, her fans would be happy and then she could stop wasting money producing Mad Hungry.