Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by Rebecca Chambley
Why? Dose it have to be something that you (see), that you go WOW, and have to make? From your post, you have a daring imagination, and have made quilts and wallhangin's that I've never seen, But I think WOW, look at the creativeness. Your into video games, and I'm sure there is a whole host of fantasy things, that would make a quilt or wallhanging. It's just use the key and unlock the door. How about going with something, that you could use beads and charms to create, on a wall hanging. Play with a new area of quilting, Challenge that imaganation, Make it work for ya.
Its gotta be something that I go "WOW!"...what's the point in making it if I don't? And for some odd reason I'm just not getting anything from video games (haven't played very many lately...just Final Fantasy 4 and right now Skies of Arcadia). I mean, espessily with Skies of Arcadia, I thought I would have gotten some sort of quilting idea from it. Its just loaded with fantasy, airships that look like old ships, pirates, floating islands, magic, etc. I'm just not getting anything. Weird.

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
How about a Flying V wall hanging?? Make the "body" of the guitar out of some of that shiny green fabric. (you want green, right?)
You could even put "strings" on it. Between the frets you could add a long piece of thread with silver or irridescent bugle beads. Tie off between each fret so they wouldn't droop. Use some cool buttons for knobs....
Now there's an idea! But I'd have to go with a nice classic black Flying V guitar. Hmmmm...maybe a Guitar Hero wall hanging? Now that would be awesome! I think I might need some practice with my applique skills to do something like that, but definately something I would like to do. Thanks!