View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 04:16 PM
burnsk

Originally Posted by kwilter
Originally Posted by burnsk
Yes, I believe. My mom and my son saved my life.
I'd love to hear more about this, please......!
We lost our youngest son, Chris, when he was 14. He was riding his bicycle and hit by a car. My mom died a few years later from cancer.

My hubby is anything but a caregiver, he stays in another room and stays away. I have to get my own fluids, meds, etc. When I've had surgeries I've had to have someone come in to stay with me, change any dressings, make meals, etc. He just can't handle anything related to sickness or hospitals or injuries.

A few years ago, I had been sick with a cold/bronchitis, whatever the Dr. called it. Whenever I get sick (which, thank heavens, isn't real often) I usually go to bed, drink lots of fluids, take aspirin or tylenol and within 48 hours it's better. I had been in bed for 3 days. The third day I don't remember anything about except for waking up and my mom and son were standing by the side of the bed and I felt very calm. My mom said, "Honey girl, it's not your time. You're needed here. But you're very sick and you need to go to the hospital. We're here to help." I remember my son saying that his grandfather was there too. Within minutes my hubby came into the room and asked what I wanted. HUH ??? He said, "Didn't you just call me?" NO He said, "but you need to go to the hospital." HUH ??? He put his hand on my forehead (which he never does), said OMG. He had trouble waking me up. He carried me to the car and off we went. When we got to the hospital my fever was 106, I had pneumonia, was dehydrated, put on IV's and meds and kept overnight. Dr. told him if it had been any longer it would have been very bad for me. I never told my hubby who spoke to him but I know it wasn't me.

This one I've never shared - this is the first time - we were camping at our trailer at the lake. I awoke suddenly about 1:30 am feeling something was wrong. I sat up and my younger son was there. He told me that his brother was in trouble and I had to go to him now. WHERE? My cell phone rang and it was my oldest son's fiance. He had been in an accident, his car rolled 3 times down an embankment and he was being air-vacced to the hospital, unresponsive. They thought he was a fatality. My younger son told me his brother would be OK, that he wasn't "coming here" but to hurry. When I got to the hospital (in record time) they had him all 'hooked" up, got his vitals going but he was still out of it. I took his hand, kissed him and told him that I was there and Chris (his brother) was with me. His eyes fluttered, opened wide and he said, "Oh, F%#*, what the hxx happened? Where am I? Take that blankety-blank (my words) tube out of my (you know what)." He was still a bit delirious which was apparent by his language but the doctor said it was miraculous that he had survived, basically unscathed, a lot of bumps and bruises and pretty bad cuts on his head and he almost lost his ear. We talked about the accident a few months later and he told me that he could 'feel' someone there with him and talking to him.