Thread: Downy quilt #1
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 PM
JanTx

This sweet quilt came from Downy's Quilts for Kids. The fabric is from Clothworks. The backing is Sweet Tweets, but I didn't get a name on the fabrics on the front. The fabric is mostly precut.

The pattern came with it - very simple to follow.

Because of the daily washing these quilts receive you must quilt them 2" apart. On this that amounted to SITD between all the blocks and diagonals through the blocks. Normally I would do one or the other, but not both. The border is quilted twice - I would usually do just one line. Makes me wonder if I've been quilting my other ones enough??

The binding is sewn twice - no baby's IV tube is going to get caught in MY binding! :?

I enjoyed making this and will order another kit right away. You are asked to mail them in with another quilt made from your own fabrics. I have one that would be suitable for a teen boy that will join this little one. What a wonderful way to use my developing skills. Beginners should not be afraid of this!

My 4-year-old grandson is always curious about my sewing. Today we were in Joann's and he looked at the fabric there and wanted to know what I was going to get for another baby in the hospital. This project is a win-win-win situation!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-235695.jpe   attachment-235696.jpe   attachment-235697.jpe