View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 04:36 AM
no1jan

An update on the quilt. In the beginning of July I learned my brother in AZ has come down with Agent Orange and is dying. At the time they only gave him 2 - 4 weeks to live but the new medication he is currently taking is slowing down the process.

I asked my friendship group if they could help me by making a 12 inch block that I could put together and send to him.

I received an e-mail from the woman who does shipping and was told that she still had some to ship. Well, guess what!

I received the quilt I had made! I brought it home and remade the label to personalize it more and made a fleece quilt for my younger brother who has Down's Syndrome. I can't send one of them something without sending the other something.

They received the quilt the other day! They were so excited that they put them right on their beds.

I asked my brother that when the time comes that he be buried in the quilt, which he agreed to.

I am so happy that he actually got a quilt that I made and I thank all of you for your kind words.

I also thank my friendship group as they are the best!