Old 08-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by Nancy Bogard
I belong to my local guild and it has been a very positive experience. Perhaps it is like many other things in life you get out of it what you put into it. If you go expecting to be excluded you probably will because your body language and attitude will set you apart. Our guild does many community projects and you just have to be willing to join in and do your part. Acceptance will come with time and cooperation.
It's silly to expect to know people and be friends with people in two hours a month too.

The "cliques" everybody complains about are groups of friends that interact outside of guild or have known each other for years and years and want to spend their few minutes of social time catching up with each other.

If you are somebody that comes to a guild meeting and barely says hello to anybody, sits at the back of the room with your arms crossed you're not likely to make a whole lot of friends.

Smile, say hello, introduce yourself!! If you have to do it several times. I know I'm not real likely to remember somebody's name that I meet for an hour or two once a month.