Old 08-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Joanie2

I've belonged to a local guild for about 24 years and for the most part have had wonderful experiences. There are always going to be a few (or several) who will stir up the pot and make it uncomfortable for others. Look past them. They do not speak for the whole and they are just troublemakers. Find the happy group and sit with them. They are the ones who will make you feel welcome and invite you to join their private get togethers. They are the ones you'll look forward to seeing month after month. As a large group you will learn, share and be inspired but it's that smaller group that makes it fun. If you're ever in Vallejo, CA and get a chance to attend The Vallejo Piecemakers Guild meeting, look for me -- the silly one who is always having a great time and pulling anyone who even speaks the word quilt into the fun. If you don't see happy faces and quilters laughing you can either get them started or give in and go home. The choice is always yours to make. For me, I'll always find the fun people. Good luck for those of you searching for it.