View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 09:14 AM
craftybear
Google Goddess

Yes, set up meet and greets in your area.

I have now organized 4 meet and greets in Indiana. We had lots of fun. You can all meet at a quilt shop, (we pinned a piece of fabric to our top, with a name tag, with our quilting board member name on it), shop, shop, shop and all meet for lunch at a restaurant and had the private banquet room. Everyone brings show and tell and sometimes we have demonstrations.

They are so much fun to set up and meet other quilters in your area.

If you have any ? just send me a private message.

Karen, Craftybear

Originally Posted by Sierra
I just finished reading about the pluses and minuses of joining quilt groups. I just joined one a few months ago, both to learn more about quilting and to have quilting friends. Joining has always been hard for me, I'm a bit of a loner, but I miss having close friends since we moved to the north of Sacramento-to Colfax area, and quilting is my passion... I think this guild is going to be a good fit for me.

BUT I really like the attitude reflected in the QB group and I would love to have a closer contact with some of the members of this group if anyone is willing (is this allowed?). I had a few PMs with an "art" quilter a few hours north and I treasured the "feel" of the few times we interacted (I also do "art" quilts, as well as regular ones).

Are there any of you in this area who would like to make contact? I am interested in all styles of quilting, self taught (so I have great gaps in my quilt-knowledge), liberated by Gees Bend, do "charity" quilts as well as for family, am doing my first quilt we will keep (it looks like its turning out to be a 7x8' wall handing lol), have access to my newphew's "craft/exercise room" for quilting, am lucky enough to have a wonderful husband.

Feedback on whether such a gathering (on-line or in person) would work as a spin-off of QB) would be appreciated, as well as local response.