View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 10:50 AM
LLWinston44

Hello all!!!!

I've just started quilting for a couple reasons. One is my oldest son is 21 and in the Marines, my middle child, my daughter, is 18 and in college, and our surprise blessing, our 9 year old son is in school all day. I have a muscular disability that limits me in many things. I had been sitting around feeling sorry for myself for weeks feeling like I had no purpose in life, when Enough Already with Peter Walsh came on. There was a woman who needed her house decluttered because it was FILLED with fabric!! She makes quilts for Quilts of Valor and immediately I thought.... I can do that!!!!! One of my 'surrogate sons' is also in the Marines with my son, but at that time he was in Afghanistan with the now famous 3/5 Darkhorse. They lost a LOT of me, and had even more injured. I finally found a purpose again!!
So, I've slowly been learning how to make a quilt. I've made one full one, have one waiting to be quilted, and one I'm almost finished piecing.
I'm in love with it!!! Just getting started, but loving it for sure. Glad to have found this board!! :o)