Old 08-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Vanuatu Jill

Well, nothing like a little disruption in your life. I had been feeling "breathless"-like I'd run a marathon and couldn't catch my breath-just walking around the block and it kept getting worse over a several weeks until I barely made it to the top of my driveway. Well, decided, with much persuasion from my family, to get it checked out-went to emergency and they put me in straight away-turns out I have many blood clots in both lungs! Now, since this is the second time with this (first time 4 1/2 years ago after a 13 hour flight), I am now on Warfarin for life. Don't know what caused this again, unless it started in May on the flight back from Vanuatu, and I continued to clot since then. They have run several different blood tests (results not yet in) to find the cause of it this time. The doctor said this is the second time I cheated death and I must be one strong lady-I said I guess I still have many quilts to make and am meant to be here to make them!!! LOL. Since I have no energy and can't exercise for a while until the clots in the lungs disolve, I just have to spend my time quilting (and getting back on the board!)