Old 08-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I work in the Electronics department at Wal-Mart. One day we got this PDQ display of Nintendo DS Lites. The display itself was basically two shelves with little cubbie holes---entirely made out of cardboard. We didn't have room for the display so I was given the task of removing all the DS's and breaking down the display. Instead of completely breaking it down I swiped half of it and used it for my fabric.

A couple weeks ago another display got brought down. This one had the cubbie holes, but it was smaller and the cubbie holes weren't quite as deep. It had plastic hooks on them to hang up card packs. I am currently collecting fabrics for 8 stained glass wallhangings and thought I could use this to organize my fabrics for the 6 main ones. So I swiped that display, put my wallhanging fabrics into plastic bags, and hung the bags up on the hooks (giving each wallhanging its own hook).

Also, I labeled those fabrics with sticky notes. I put down the name of the wallhanging, the color the fabric was for, and the fabric's maker and manufacture number (ex. NABOORU Color 12 Moda Marble 9881-91) At Wal-Mart they have a whole bin of them for the Back-To-School stuff. They had six different colors, which was great because my wallhangings are themed around a certain color. So I could color code my fabrics and know what wallhanging they were for just by looking at the color of the sticky note.

(I'll try to get pictures later)