Thread: Roman Stripe~
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 06:36 AM
Crissie

!I love Quiltinggrandmaca's version of Roman Stripe~
I made this one years ago, it was kind of a pick-up... put away... pick-up-again project that went on for years. I finally decided it was time to get it completed. I was made it for my husband, as you can tell he was very patient! When I completed it and laid it out to pin baste it. It was such a disaster ....So, I picked the whole queen sized blocks all out, thinking I had forgotten to square up those blocks, sewed it all back together again, to find out it was still rippling because of all the biased edges it was really really ugly! One of my friends husband just happened to be at our class that day, as it was laying on the table, he saw my mess and he suggested putting darts in the borders. I felt that was the greatest idea I'd heard~ And because the last border was black it wouldn't show.. So I quilting it and put a running line of feathers on the border and it's not even noticeable that it has darts! I felt, this was a love quilt not one to be judged and there just happened to be NO Quilt POLICE around. But with the black batting I used, so it wouldn't beard, the poor quilt is like a moving pad. It's to heave but nice to look at ... It lays on the back of my husband easy chair now. I think I need to make him another quilt that's soft and loveable~
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24004.jpe