Old 08-03-2011, 04:20 PM
marscrafter

I made a quilt for my father in laws birthday about a year ago, and spent a ton of time trying to get it finished in time. I also tried to match his decor in his house. Within 2 days he called me up asking me to repair it because the dog chewed on it and ripped it apart. (It had embroidered pictures the kids made on some parts) I fixed it, and learned he's not really interested in quilts I guess. It's currently sitting as a cover for a dusty piece of furniture. That sounds really bitter of me. LOL

My children and husband do appreciate the quilts I have made. They have picked out their own fabric for quilts to be made, and use them. My husband is really supportive in buying fabric and encouraging me.

This year I am making quilts for my husband's aunts, I know they each have some quilts in their house. I'm trying to match their tastes to how they decorate their houses, and get them ready for Christmas. If the response is positive then I will be willing to put the time in to make more if they want them.

After that my next projects are for kids who need them.