Thread: Portrait quilt
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 09:01 AM
sandiphi

When you sign up for the class, they give you a password to login. Usually you have the supply list prior to even signing up for the class, but you always have to get some other fabric because it may not be the right shade or color. Once you are logged in, the teacher puts out a lesson each week. You work at your own pace or at her pace. If you have any questions you can post those question on a forum to the teacher and she answers you. You can email pics to her if you are stuck and not sure what to do. Each week you get a new lesson, sometimes there is two weeks between each lesson so you can have more time to work on the project. If you don't finish the project within the class time, usually the forum stays open for her to answer any questions. You are basically working on the project at your own pace and on your own, but she is there to help even though it is through the computer. The instructions that are provided are very well written. Marilyn is a very good teacher.

I have to agree the hardest part for me was choosing the fabrics. Keepsake Quilts sells flesh color fabric, so that is what I used for her face. I would love to see pics lucky bud, when you get home from vacation and farscapegal, when you complete it. I will take a picture of it close up and attach it to this post this evening.