Old 08-03-2011, 05:47 PM
cawsings

I finished the Celebration Sampler today. I started piecing the blocks after I found them all in June and began working on the remainder when they published the finishing instructions in July. This is my first completed quilt top. There are parts that I love about it (the center) and parts I'm not so crazy about (mainly a couple of color combinations).

I had to make some changes...the blocks were supposed to measure 9 1/2 inches but mine turned out to be slightly larger than 9 inches. The outside border was supposed to be two rows of alternating fabrics...but since my measurements were off, the finished size was off and I spent some time trying to figure out how to alter the size of the squares in the border before I decided to just give up on the original and just do a 4 inch border of the blue floral fabric.

I think it might have been a little ambitious for my first quilt top (I have started a couple of others by hand but bought a new machine in April - Janome DC2010 and was excited to use it).

I will hand quilt this top (also new to me). I ordered a hoop today and am SO excited to get it.

Also, I found out today that I am one of the second prize winners for June at fabshophop! It was only my 2nd month of hopping, too!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236054.jpe