Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Joanie2

Still reading the comments here about cliques and I think the word is a bit strong. A clique is basically a group of women who have been apart of their guild for a period of time and have become comfortable with each other to the point that they look forward to seeing their group each month to catch up. I have belonged to several inner circle groups over the years at my guild. They have changed so many times as we all have changed. I am not part of any of the groups I started with. Although I feel close to a large number of women within the guild I have a few that I chose to spend my "outside guild" time with. I love each of these women as if they are my sisters. We get together at least once a month at my home and have a fabulous time sewing, eating and giggling. They are always in my thoughts and they know it. I would do anything for them and they all feel the same. If you wish to develop lasting relationships with women who feel and think as you, you will find them at a guild. If you are just looking for a day away from your home with other quilters, you might give a guild a try. Please keep an open mind and an open heart and could very well find a wonderful place.