Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by miriam
II sewed on the dress I wore to first grade but couldn't write my own name - didn't do kindergarten - it's probably what's wrong with me...

poison ivy is not as weepy as yesterday - kind of crusty though
I didn't do Kindergarten, either. Back in the "olden days" :roll: :-D we started school in 1st grade. Maybe that is what was wrong with me when I was in the 8th grade I thought it would be fun to get out of doing school work by rubbing poison ivy leaves all over and between the fingers of my right hand :shock: :shock: :shock: Well, needless to say, I am 57 yrs old now but I can still remember the agony of the itch and pain that I experienced with fingers swollen, twice their size, from the rash. So, I feel your pain and hope that your poison ivy heals really quick.
I didn't do kindergarten either, but I did learn from others and got to explore outdoors. Watched my dad lay a patio with blue stone, fix his tools, mow a yard, chop a humongous tree down, and build a stone wall. Watched my mom cook, sew her own clothes, paint the house, and clean house. I climbed trees, road bikes, played in the stream down the hill, fished, collected insects, and picked blackberries for pies. Yup, much better than kindergarten.