Old 08-04-2011, 04:19 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
Yesterday, I took the plunge. I have been wanting to clean out my stash of fabrics that I know now I will never use. I am up to box three, and still more to sort. Now before any of you droll :wink: :wink: , let me tell you that 98% of this fabric is leftovers from when I worked in a drapery workroom....so it's drapery weight cottons and a lot of silks....and a good deal of stretchy t-shirt fabric from the long ago days when I used to sew clothing for my children. I am just so tired of having all this bulk around that I cannot manage, and will never do anything with. I was thinking of just taking these boxes to the local half-way house run thrift store, but wanted y'alls input before I do anything. Any ideas?
I have pretty much same issue with a lot of my fabric. But I have several boxes of home dec fabric given to me. If I ever find the time I am going to make tote bags, walker and wheelchair bags, etc. My DDIL gives and gets a lot of stuff through freecycle.com. I have patterns, fabric that I will no longer use that I am going to have her post on freecycle. You can also check out senior centers and churches that make things for the less fortunate in your area.