Thread: Kindles
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 04:23 AM
nursie76

Originally Posted by janell2009
good question. I will be watching this one. I have looked at one for a long time, but on a fixed income with a fabric addiction I just could not get my self to save for it. I would use the money I saved on a ruler or fabric instead. I am a reader but I can usually find enough people who have books that they want to borrow to me. The library is 60 miles round trip so i just do not go. I think I would like it.. Now how do I save for that and not spend it on fabrics?
Overstock.com had some refurbished Nooks at an excellent price. DH got one and it works awesomely. I have the Nook color and it is fabulous. Nicest part is I don't have to go to the library, I use my library card number, got to the ebook part of the local libraries website and download the books from there. When they are due, they just automatically go back (welll, they actually just stop opening on the device). I went through 2 other readers before finding the Nook that actuallly does library downloads as advertised. Well worth the money.