Old 08-04-2011, 06:50 AM
barnbum

but--I didn't like quilting it and will turn over anything larger than 40 by 50 to a willing LAer for now on. :D The size made it hard for me to have it flow... some of the loops look like ducks and some of the gentle curves look like humps. :roll: BUT--on a brighter note (and this quilt is bright!) I added daisies to the meander and love them! They are whimsical and seemed to match the top.

It's been washed (thank you to the women over in Main who helped me with my worry on the back bleeding...), dried, and I even added some quilting once I saw some too bare spots.

It's perfectly square! Yay!

My friend left for her new home early, in order to start chemo earlier than planned. She is with her daughters now. Her husband isn't leaving until Saturday, so we've arranged for me to meet him at 4:00 today so he can deliver this gift to her safe and sound. :thumbup:

Done!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236204[/ATTACH]

I really wanted to quilt in yellow, but didn't want to chance freckling. Red and yellow are her favorite colors, so this worked.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236205[/ATTACH]

LOVE the yellow border!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236206[/ATTACH]

back is deep red--that's what she said she liked.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236208[/ATTACH]

Black and white to show quilting better
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236209[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236198.jpe   attachment-236199.jpe   attachment-236200.jpe   attachment-236202.jpe   attachment-236203.jpe