Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
jljack

Originally Posted by greenini
Couple of questions: no responses to my questions about the "bloom" on the finish of my 301: any ideas?
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43881-1366.htm#3782249

Also: my DH is wanting to pull the motor off the 15-91 which seems to work fine and clear out all the "gunk". While he is kinda mechanical I am leaning to adding grease and oil and letting it alone before pulling the pot off. What do you all think?

And finally, my book for the 15-91 says to put 1/2 a tube of Singer motor grease in the holes. How much grease does that come to in today's terms and who sells the proper grease?

thanks a lot I know someone will have the answers! :lol:
Greenini, you can get the Singer original grease or Tri Flo (recommended by some on here) from Sew-Classic. It comes in 2 sizes of tubes, so they probably mean 1/2 of the small tube. I bought some and after I greased my 301's motor, it was soooo quiet!! There are little open tubes on the motor housing (check your manual..it's very clear where they are) that you just stick the nozzle of the grease tube into and just squeeze. You'll be able to see the grease in the opening after you put it in.