Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 AM
CAS49OR

Originally Posted by grammatjr
Originally Posted by CAS49OR
Wow! fantastic! I'm so proud of you for getting this done. I think it was worth the hours you put in. btw no one really likes pics of themself do they?

Are you going to do one of the kids?
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I think I will do one of each kid.

This fall my daughter plans to secretly add another bedroom to their house. Some things have already been started, but the kids don't know what it is for, and are used to their parents re-doing things, so haven't thought too much about them tearing out part of a wall, or building up supplies. They will ship the kids off for a week to a friend, and we will get busy painting and re-carpeting the 2 old kids rooms, and putting in a wall, and doors to the new 3rd room (& painting and carpeting). Currently all 4 girls share a room, after the remodel only 2 kids per room. No one will be in the same room after the remodel that they are currently in.

I thought I could make one quilt of each kid, with their name, and we can hang it in their room, so they know which room is theirs. Maybe it could hang on their doors.
They will be so happy to have more space, and less shared space! I think it's a great idea for them to be done individually. You are a wonderful Grandma! Can you share the pics of the kids that you might do? That keepsake can go with them when they grow up! (They won't have to live together forever that way, lol.) How old are they now?