View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 09:42 AM
sewnsewer2
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MaryR
Hello

My name is Mary. I have been quilting now for about six years and love it. I live in Hamilton, New Zealand. For those of you who don't know, Hamilton is in the North Island. It is about an hour and a half drive south of Auckland. I saw a comment about joining a guild and would like to make a comment.

I am on the committee of the Waikato Patchworkers and Quilters Guild. It has always had a reputation of running their meetings to a high standard. When I first joined the guild I loved the way they ran their meetings. Always had interesting speakers, a merchant table, block of the month, ran classes, met like minded people who had the same passion as me. Being on the committee has given me a greater insite and more opporatunity to learn more and met many interesting people. We allow prospective members to have two free visits and then decide on membership. We also try very hard to have a committee member available to these people to explain what we do. I hope this helps
Hi and welcome from florida! Our guild is like that too, and I served on the welcome committee last year.