Old 08-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by amma
I suggest washing your batiks with laundry soap and very warm water and rinsing them several times first. Removing as much of the wax as possible. Use the same type of detergent you will use to wash the finished quilt.

I do not use an abundance of this solution when I treat my batiks. I mix up a good amount per instructions, and then thoroughly wet the fabric with it, place it in plastic bags for the time specified, then rinse well and dry.

I have found you don't need the water over the top of the fabric, or a bit of fabric in a pool of the solution LOL
As long as the fabric is thoroughly wet with the solution, the Retayne will do it's job :D:D:D

If you use a lot of batiks or other fabrics that tend to bleed, it doesn't take long to go through a bottle. I like to be thrifty, and using according to the label is pretty wasteful, not to mention using/disposing of more chemical than necessary (thinking green) :D:D:D
I forgot to mention I was hand washing them with detergant and rinsing with warm water after soaking them for a good 20 minutes (forgive me for missing details...I think my brain is still scrambled from yesterday's carnival rides).

What kind of plastic bags do you use? I mean the water has to be 140 degrees for the solution to work so I'd be worried that it would melt the bag.