View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
geckos42

Some of you may remember my post topic "Eastward Bound & looking for great quilt shops". Well, I'm back from my fabulous trip and sad to share that my luggage - containing clothes (for 6 weeks), quilting fabric, the quilt for my grandson (my avatar), gifts, toys, books (for my grandkids), my Dell netbook and worst of all, my ELNA machine - was stolen from my car.

To add insult to injury, I had called the insurance company just days before to increase my deductible from $500 to $1000! :-( My daughter says I was really tempting the gods. :cry:

So (deep breath) I'm in the market for a replacement machine as my stolen one hasn't shown up on eBay or in local pawn shops. I loved my Elna SU air electronic, even though it's 25 years old. However it was a sewing machine and since February, I've become a quilter.

I'm interested in your opinions/feedback on the Elna 6600 (Quilting Queen). I haven't test driven it, but I've looked at it - twice. I know Janome bought out Elna so there may be opinions about the similarities/differences between the two manufacturers.

Thanks in advance for your input,
KARREN