View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 07:55 PM
gaigai
Banned

Kay, those are great pix! Thank you so much. He is too wicked cute. I just want to kiss him all over! I even got my mom watching the cam. She is neither a quilter nor a horse person, but she is totally hooked (like I am).

I was taking a nap after getting 200 pavers and 30 bags of mulch for the backyard. I guess Lil Rumor was sleeping too. The phone rang, I woke up enough to see it was mom on caller id, and when I said "yeah" (my 'you woke me up' greeting) the first thing I hear is "HE'S DEAD! HE'S JUST LYING THERE". Without opening my eyes I said, "Mom, he's not dead, he's just sleeping. Remember how babies sleep!".
She was still going on "But he's all stretched out, he's not curled up".
Me: "Mom, he's a HORSE. A BABY HORSE. Of course he's not curled up. He's just sleeping".
Mom: "He's NOT MOVING! CALL THAT NUMBER AND GET SOMEONE IN THERE. Oh, he's moving. But he was sleeping on his back with those long legs just sticking up! This is all your fault, you know, you started it".
Me: "Yes Mom, I know."

See, we're all totally addicted. Be glad mom didn't figure out that was your number on the top of her screen, 'cause you'd have gotten a phone call!
I'm gonna have to download those pix and send them to mom. Don't be surprised if she (she?) insists on coming by on our annual trip to Ohio!