Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by mcb1180
Originally Posted by Izy
Inspired by all the lovely scrap quilts posted in Grammy Dwynn's topic, I threw all caution to the wind and let my scraps roam free!!

For the first time ever I have ignored the desire to colour coordinate and focused on colour value...I am hooked!!

DH has taken a shine to this and even chose the final layout of the quilt :-D I have made 30 blocks (9" finished, thinking he wanted a lap quilt) only to discover that he wants a full size quilt, as he is suffering from inoperable cancer and knows that he will be bed bound downstairs sooner or later, bless him..

SO guess I will have to get busy making quite a few more, so watch this space :-D

Here's what I have made up to now:
Doubt my vote counts, but... Of the two layouts in the first picture, I'm partial to the bottom one.
Of course your vote counts, I appreciate imput from all my friends here :thumbup:

DH chose the bottom layout, but asked me to change top left and bottom right 4P for a HST, which creates a dark diamond surrounded by a light diamond as a secondary pattern, so you see, you chose well :thumbup:

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and blessings for us. It comforts me to read them as much as it comforts me to actually make this quilt knowing that it will keep John warm and wrapped in love til the end of his time with me| :cry: