Thread: Kindles
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Wonnie

Originally Posted by amma
I am one of the odd ones... I prefer a old fashioned book in my hands :D:D:D
Amma, I don't think you're odd at all. I LOVE the smell and feel of books. I at one time had over 250 books that I sold because I just had no more space for them. I still have an easy 300. They range from history, to series I enjoy, to quilting, crochet, knitting, "How to..." books and on and on and on.

My Kindle was a gift from my brother and have found it does have its uses. As others have said, I usually keep it in my purse so that if I have to wait at the dentist, doctors, etc. I have something to pass the time. It's extremely light weight. You can adjust the print from very tiny to VERY large. You can rotate the page from reading vertically to horizontally. You can read it outside and there is absolutely no glare. You can order a book from Amazon.com and within 30 seconds its in your reader. There are many older books to download that are free. As far as sewing related things I've downloaded are "1000 Clever Sewing Shortcuts and Tips" by Deepika Prakash, very old directions for a crocheted "Rose Luncheon Mat "and "Quilting Designs From the Past (300 designs from 1810-1940) by Jenny Carr Kinney....this I found to be very interesting and informative.

Would I ever give up real books? No. But this is a great supplement.