Old 08-05-2011, 02:24 AM
wendyweb50

I agree with the suggestion to put it on Craigslist - also check out www.freecycle.org - this organization allows people to give and get items for free. Everything from bicycles to fabric. I use it to get fabrics and used denim for my quilts! I recently got an email from a woman who had 3 boxes of clothing and fabric. In it were 20 pairs of mens jeans - I've already used a bunch to make five quilts. The box also had a bunch of cotton clothing that I was able to cut up and use. I'm attaching a picture of a couple of the quilts I made from the denim. The lap quilt (pink and blue) is ALL upcycled fabric (the pink is from cotton shorts, the denim from the jeans, and the pink backing was free as well).

Another "score" was for a post a woman had that said she had a "bag of fabric scraps". I figured I'd get bits and pieces, but since she lived close by I gambled and went to get it. Well I got nearly 5 yards of lovely yellow cotton (perfect for my baby quilts), 3 yards of lovely black and gold patterned fabric (perfect for evening shawls and crazy quilts) and lots of other goodies.

So...I'd say check out Craigslist and your local Freecycle. Good luck!

Blue & Pink Denim Quilt 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236804[/ATTACH]

Blue & Pink Denim Quilt 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236805[/ATTACH]

Blue & Pink Denim Quilt 3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236806[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236798.jpe   attachment-236799.jpe   attachment-236800.jpe