Old 08-05-2011, 04:56 AM
karensue

Hello Ladies

I just finished my very first scrappy quilt. It was fun but lots of piecing (finished 50 x 70). And I had to use a friends' scraps since I don't have any - I'm afraid that I only buy enough material, if that, for a specific quilt - not much left over.

Since everyone always wants to know the information on a photo, I will give that info first, and then ask my questions. It came from:
Quilts From the Heart
Karin Renaud
Pattern: Arkansas Crossroads

1) I was wondering if you have to put a border on (maybe it serves a purpose) ?? I like it the way it is but have never really seen a quilt without a border. Any suggestionson on this?

2) I now would like to do another scrappy and don't know how to go about purchasing material. Like I said I don't have any "scraps" and had spent all day with a friend cutting up hers for my quilt. Since she was so kind I would never ask her again to help me out for my next scrappy quilt. But now, how do I proceed to get material to do another one. The biggest scraps we used were 3 inches wide, so do I buy small yardage of lots of material (I am imagining the look on cutting girls' face if I do this), but really want to do another one. How do I buy fabric for a scrappy quit?

On another note - good and bad. I've been quilting for 4 years (still a beginner), and until last night my husband has only told me ONCE that he liked my quilt. Last night he liked this one, and said the colors are great, nice and bright. So I guess that was the good part, but the bad part is that I guess I don' pick the right colors myself.

I'm still learnng but would love to hear your suggestions.
Thank You
Karen
Marietta, Georgia

My frist scrappy quilt so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236847[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236841.jpe