Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 AM
Charlee

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Ok all, I got that Hitachi I have been talking about for the last couple weeks. It is a Hitachi, not a Necchi - I have no doubt about that. It has Hitachi written in long hand, embedded, or welded, or however they did it on the actual underneath part of the bed. It also has Hitachi written in metal on both ends of the treadle and in the middle of the treadle. There are needles and bobbins that came with the machine that have a price tag written in Chinese (I think, it is Chinese) in the drawer. The thing weighs a ton. Has a reverse bar. It also has a knee lifter for the foot. Here are some pictures.

Billy, Charlee, Miz Johnny, what do I have? I can't find anything on the inernet about a Hitachi Treadle anywhere! I know it must be an industrial machine. It has a full 9" harp space. The face is solid iron and heavy - almost dropped it when I took it off to oil the machine!
I'm going to be looking and doing websearches for awhile on this one! :lol: Never seen one, or heard of it.
Evidently tho, Hitachi is a company that also produces power tools. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that it's a Japanese company, that this is a comercial machine not originally intended for home use, and that it was made for export rather than sale to Japanese homes (Indicated by the name being done in Western (English) lettering instead of the beautiful Japanese characters. (You'll notice that the neck is stuck out only far enough to allow "speach" and not far enough to get chopped! ;) :lol: )
Fun find, and it'll be fun to find out more about it! :)