View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 AM
gaigai
Banned

Originally Posted by k3n
Thanks Gai - I'm now sobbing like an idiot! Oh, I love the sound of Paige! I used to have a GSD named Hetty who was like my shadow. They are very one person dogs - sounds like she and Brandon will have a bond for life.

K x

Thanks K. We were all in tears too. Imagine, the poor dog stayed by her dead owners side for a week. No food or water (at least after the first couple of days). This is tropical weather, so it could not have been pleasant, and no one would think twice if the dog were in another room. No, she was laying nearby. And then to be dumped at the pound. I guess I don't know the relative's circumstances, but she deserved better than that.

Since she's an older dog, they were worried about her chances of being adopted. In the Houston area more than ONE MILLION animals are euthanized every year. The Rescue Organizer was telling me that she had been unable to find a home for a really sweet mixed breed, six months old, great with kids, house broken, and that he will be put to sleep this morning. I don't think they keep them longer than a week. In fact, Paige had been there a week already, and was due to be put down, but the vet was so touched by her story and how sweet she is, that she gave her a couple of extra days. We got her just in time.