View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Ps 150

My menopause was surgical and it was like hitting a brick wall. A few hours after surgery, I woke up soaked and had no idea what it was. When I asked the nurse what was wrong with me she just smiled and said she'd send the doctor in. He explained that since my body had no time to gradually/naturally adjust to decreasing estrogen levels that I could safely equate my menopausal experience as driving off a cliff...how soothing is that bedside manner!? Although, I guess the major problem was that he was a guy and had no idea what I was going through. I was 26 so I spent these last 3 year on PremPro (estrogen plus an extra hormone to prevent the further endometrial bleeding which led to the surgery) and he just switched me to Premarin.

I also take a Flaxseed Oil to strengthen my heart after hitting menopause so young, and Vitamin D AND a Caltrate for stronger bones, a Women's One A Day and a Vitamin C since I'm always getting sick now. I decreased my sugar, started working out more to counter the slower metabolism and started drinking lots of water. Certain foods can trigger hot flashes so be careful of the hot stuff.