View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 06:38 AM
stormatsea45

Hey all, I've been following Konstantine's newsletter since the early days, but never joined the message board. I've really enjoyed all the infor she has given in the past, really helpful. I even bought her applique download and how to bind a quilt.
I have been quilting for a long time. My first quilt was a hand embroidery of all my high school friends. My Mom and her friends hand quilted it for me. I didn't think much about quilting until my daughter needed a spread when she graduated from her crib to a twin, so Mom helped me with that, too. I was bitten by the quilting bug, but I still made clothes for the kids. When they were older I went back to work part time and took more quilting classes. Soon I saw Harriet Hargrave's machine quilting book, and I loved the free motion quilting. Then I started teaching for different shops as well as in Bernina stores close by.
I'm retired now, but I bought a mid arm Gammell the year I retired and am still learning to use it. Went to MQS in KC last month and took a couple of classes and am eager to get back to quilting. Life sometimes gets in the way. :-)
I tried Rhonda Woodsmall's little bookmark and really enjoyed doing it. I downloaded the first part of A Softbox Pincushion and am patiently waiting for the second part to be posted. Have I missed it? I was dog/cat sitting for my daughter, and my husband gets on the computer and delates the "unwanted ones". I hope that wasn't one of them. Please let me know if there is any way I can get the second part so I can make one.
I think I have rambled long enough.
Happy sewing. Jan
In God we still trust!