View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 06:56 AM
mkanderson

Originally Posted by kwhite
mkanderson don't feel bad. I planted giant marigold seeds one year and for several weeks watched this plant grow and grow to a full luscious bush sans buds. Every week i was out there on my hands and knees weeding and watering and fertilizing my baby. One day I was standing there looking at the full bush of green with a confused frustrated look on my face and the neighbor (a wonderful gardener) walked over and started to stare at the plant too. He said "what cha doin?" I said I was trying to figure out why my marigold has not budded or bloomed yet. He said, "I can tell you that" I said, "why?" He said, "Cause it is a ragweed. I have been wondering for weeks why you have been nurturing that weed". I could have hit him at that moment. I told him if he saw me doing anything stupid again I would appreciate if he would tell me. I just let the weeds grow now. I don't even try to garden.

Love the little quilt rack too.

Kwhite …I will you what happened to me with marigold seeds!!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: I looked and looked for the dwarf ones to go in my flowers boxes….finally found them, put them out …DH watered them….they grew (and grew and grew and grew….out of the flower box!).

I fussed and fussed “you can not get anything any more. They lie to you! They were to be little ones –not big ones!!!!” :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:

DH looks at me (now this is after he was with me when I looked for three years for the small ones) “they are suppose to be little?” “YEP”
“I thought they weren’t growing like they should so I watered with Miracle Grow!” :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

Thanks!