View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 05:09 AM
Cindy2sew

Originally Posted by janell2009
I am going to watch this thread... I am 51... do the same thing... yes.. I have had a denim needle in when doing embroidery..... I wish I could figure out a way when I take them out of the package to then identify what they are.. Have bifocals and find it too difficult to read what is on the needle.. I have 2 machines so have to be sure and keep them all straight.. UGH...
I do find the trick using a common drinking straw to help remove and put in new needles... you just hold the drinking straw horizontal and push the needle into one side of the straw. Then it has a handle... it is much easier to put it in and I use that to take it out also, just lay drinking straw on the top of the foot and move needle down by hand and pierce thru one side of straw, loosen the screw.. and it comes out with out dropping into the feed dogs.
That is one of the problems I have also. I cant read size on the needle even with my glasses on and have resorted to using a magnifying glass on occasion. I love the straw idea! I will have o start using that!! Thank you!

cindy