View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 05:24 AM
Ellen 1

Originally Posted by Ghetohound
Hi All...Im hoping for a little advise.

Im very curious about long-arm quilting. I know the long-arms are truly expensive and a purchase like that is not to be taken lightly.

I would like anyone who has purchased and used a long arm to give me a little background on their level of expertise when they decided to take the jump and try it.

The reason im asking is that I am truly hooked on quilting! Yes I know I have only done two quilts, but I know myself well enough to know when I love something and this, is one of a very short list.

With that being said,
Did it take you long to learn it and what level of a quilter would you have considered yourself when you decided to buy it?
I "tried" out a longarm at every quilt show that had one available. I also was able to rent from a couple of the local quilt shops before I purchased. If there is any chance for you to do that, I'd recomend you do that. You have to pay for a class on the longarm and that class pays for itself when you get your own machine because you will feel more comfortable and not be afraid to get started. I know a couple of gals that bought and then never used their machine because they didn't know what to do. They ended up selling.