View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Ethel A

I bought June Tailor Foundating Piecing Paper from Joann's when it was 50% off, and I had forgotten about it, until now. I took it to Office Depot. I ran one 'test' copy on regular paper, just to make sure the copied image was true-to-size (I had to reduce it by 99%).

I placed the June Tailor paper in the bypass tray (this is a very important step). Don't put it in the regular trays below the copier, as this will force the paper to roll through many different rollers. When you place it on the bypass tray, it flows through the copier 'flat.'

I was able to make all of the copies I desired. The paper DID NOT melt. Don't let the copy people tell you this. Yes, their machines do get hot, but this specific paper did not melt. It is not vellum. It's tissue-like paper.

So, there you have it. If you don't want to use your printer ink and want to mass produce the pattern quickly, I would suggest just taking your paper to Office Depot (my local Kinko's refused to make copies for me, so I went to Office Depot, and they didn't mind running a test copy before running off the rest).